These are the things I’ve been doing to try to not flop into a heap while I’m on my own with the boys:
- get up and dressed by 10am at the latest (bearing in mind the boys often don’t wake til after 9am)
- get out of the house for a walk every day
- keep on top of the housework so it doesn’t get too much
- call my mum
- try to get them both down for a nap at the same time
- blog my heart out (that can only really be done if/when o 5 happens)
- try to eat properly and drink plenty of fluids – I get sooo grumpy if I miss out on a meal or get too thirsty
- listen to music and have a sing and a dance
- play “tickles on the bed” with Zack – that giggling is infectious
- make sure both boys are somewhere safe and shut myself in the bedroom listening to a song or two on my iPod full blast.
- call a friend, or see if someone can come over – if I need help I try to ask for it, otherwise no one knows I need it!
- give Zack a huuuuuuge hug and tell him I love him – usually follows with “I luff you too mummy”…hearts? melting? yup!
- and of course the thing that makes everything better, at least for a while… CHOCOLATE!
wow I can’t believe I actually managed to come up with 13! lol